For a comprehensive list of all SBTS databases, please see the alphabetical list of databases.
Southern Baptist Periodical Index
The SBPI provides subject/author access annually to articles in approximately 50 periodicals, and cumulatively to over 100 periodicals, issued by corporations and agencies currently or historically related to the SBC.
Thesaurus Linguae Graecae
TLG has already collected and digitized most literary texts written in Greek from Homer to the fall of Byzantium in AD 1453. Its goal is to create a comprehensive digital library of Greek literature from antiquity to the present era. NOTE: Click here for a guide to using the online TLG.
Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN)
- ATLA Religion Database
- The ATLA Religion Database is an essential tool for the study of religion. It is the premier index to journal articles, book reviews, and collections of essays in all fields of religion. Journals representing all the major religious faiths, major denominations, and numerous language groups are included. ATLA also includes the contents of the Index in Book Reviews in Religion. ATLA’s indexing of multi-author works, such as Festschriften and conference proceedings, is unique among religion databases. Unlike indexes that catalog books of essays as a single entry, ATLA indexes each individual essay in such works.
- Australasian Religion Index
- The Australasian Religion Index (ARI) is an author and subject index covering over eighty religious and theological serials published in Australia or New Zealand and representing all religious traditions. Related areas of study such as history and sociology are also covered. The online version contains the full contents of ARI from v.1 (1989) to the present.
- Biblical Archaeology Online
- Biblical Archaeology Review connects the academic study of archaeology to a broad general audience eager to understand the world of the Bible. Covering both the Old and New Testaments, BAR presents the latest discoveries and controversies in archaeology with breathtaking photography and informative maps and diagrams.
- Cambridge Journals Online
- A collection of theological journals published by Cambridge University Press. Theological journal titles include AJS Review, Church History: Studies in Christianity and Culture, Harvard Theological Review, The Journal of Ecclesiastical History, New Testament Studies, Religious Studies, and Scottish Journal of Theology.
- Christian Periodical Index
- The Christian Periodical Index (CPI) indexes more than 130 publications covering a broad spectrum of knowledge base within evangelical Christianity. Published by the Association of Christian Librarians, CPI provides access to English language articles and reviews from an evangelical perspective.
- Digital Dead Sea Scrolls
- The Israel Museum’s Dead Sea Scrolls Digital Project allows users to examine and explore these most ancient manuscripts from Second Temple times. Developed in partnership with Google, the new website gives users access to searchable, fast-loading, high-resolution images of the scrolls, as well as short explanatory videos and background information on the texts and their history. Five complete scrolls from the Israel Museum have been digitized for the project at this stage and are now accessible online. More information [via http://dss.collections.imj.org.il/].
- Galaxie Software Theological Journals
- Over 30 conservative, evangelical theological journals made digitally available.
- Used by millions for research, teaching, and learning. With more than a thousand academic journals and over 1 million images, letters, and other primary sources, JSTOR is one of the world’s most trusted sources for academic content.
- New Testament Abstracts
- New Testament Abstracts Online is a product of a partnership between ATLA and the Weston Jesuit School of Theology. The database is an indispensable research and bibliographic aid for scholars, librarians, clergy and students of the New Testament and its historical milieu. The database contains more than 38,000 article abstracts, 1,200 review abstracts, 13,500 book abstracts, and 50 software abstracts. Each year an additional 2,100 articles from more than 500 periodicals in numerous languages are selected for inclusion. In addition, approximately 800 current books are also summarized annually. Article coverage in the database dates back to 1985.
- Old Testament Abstracts
- Old Testament Abstracts Online is a product of a partnership between ATLA and the Catholic Biblical Association. The database features indexing and abstracts for journal articles, monographs, multi-author works, and software related to Old Testament studies. Abstracts from over 450 journals are included. All abstracts are in English, regardless of the language of the original work. Topics covered include antiquities, archaeology, biblical theology, philology and much more. Coverage in the database dates back to 1978.
- Oxford Biblical Studies Online
- Oxford Biblical Studies Online provides a comprehensive resource for the study of the Bible and biblical history. In addition to the Bible texts, Oxford Biblical Studies Online offers quick access to over 5,000 A-Z entries from the Encyclopedia of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Oxford Companion to the Bible, and a wealth of other Oxford references.
- Oxford Journals Online
- A collection of theological journals published by Oxford University Press. We currently have the following titles available: Journal of Semitic Studies, Literature and Theology, The British Journal for the Philosophy of Science, and The Journal of Theological Studies.
- Patrologia Latina
- The Patrologia Latina Database is an electronic version of the first edition of Jacques-Paul Migne’s Patrologia Latina, published between 1844 and 1855, and the four volumes of indexes published between 1862 and 1865. The Patrologia Latina comprises the works of the Church Fathers from Tertullian in 200 AD to the death of Pope Innocent III in 1216. The database contains the complete Patrologia Latina, including all prefatory material, original texts, critical apparatus and indexes. Migne’s column numbers, essential references for scholars, are included.
- Religious and Theological Abstracts
- Religious and Theological Abstracts provides summaries of scholarly journal articles in the fields of Religion and Theology. RTA covers a wide variety of religious literature from diverse religious perspectives. All abstracts are in English, although many of the articles abstracted were written in languages other than English.
The Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN) is a library of over 20,427 theological thesis/dissertation titles representing research from as many as 135 different institutions. TREN also makes available conference papers presented at annual meetings of several academic societies.