Need a book or an article from a journal not available from our library? We can get it for you through Interlibrary Loan (ILL)! Current students, faculty, and staff of SBTS and Boyce College can borrow materials from other libraries if the material they need is not owned by our library or the LPTS library. The process is fast, free, and easy!
Here’s how it works…
1. Login to your library account using the following information:
Username: your Moodle username
Password: your birth-date (MMDDYYYY)
2. Search for the item you need in WorldCat to determine the item’s availability. Be sure to select “Libraries Worldwide” in your search.
WorldCat will tell you whether or not the item you need is owned by Boyce Library.
3. If the item is not owned by Boyce Library, click the “Request Item through Interlibrary Loan” button.
5. Fill in the necessary information and click “Submit.” All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. You will NOT receive a confirmation email from us.
Patrons will be notified by email when items arrive. These are to be picked up and returned at the circulation desk by the due dates listed on the book covers. Distance Students need to respond to notification emails with their current mailing address.
1. Search in one of Boyce Library’s many online Databases for the article you need using the article information, such as article title and author. The best database to use will depend on the topic of your research. For theological studies, the ATLA religion database is a terrific resource.
2. Once you have found the article you need, check to see it is available in full-text. If the full-text article is available, there will be a link below the article title for the .pdf download.
3. If the article is not available in full-text, the next step is to make sure Boyce Library does not own the journal the article is found in. To determine the journal’s availability, click the “SFX Link Menu” button.
Then click the “Check holdings in the Library Online Catalog” button.
4. If the journal volume you need is not available from our library, click the “Request this Item through Interlibrary Loan” button within the database where you found the article.
5. Fill out the necessary information and click “Submit.” All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. You will NOT receive a confirmation email from us.
When the article you requested arrives, we will send it to you via email with an expiring link.
Turn-around time may be as little as two days or as long as two to three weeks. Response time varies greatly depending on the type and availability of the material being requested, the delivery system being used, and the processing efficiency of the lending library.
Current students and staff are given a $100 allotment for ILL services throughout the duration of the academic year. This means that the library pays $100 per individual per academic year for any items borrowed through interlibrary loan. We do our best to obtain loans and copies free of charge. However many schools now charge for photocopy requests and some charge for all loans. Therefore, you will be charged for any fees that you incur over $100 dollars per academic year.
You are responsible to replace all lost items. There is an additional $15 processing fee added to replacement costs.
Distance students - You are responsible for the safe return of all books and for the return postage on all items. We recommend that you ship only 5 books per box and insure and trace your package.
Interlibrary Loan and Distance Education